Arena Technologies LLC is a veteran-owned, small business providing focused business and technology consulting support to the agencies and industry partners of the defense and intelligence communities. Arena and its partners have extensive experience in the technical and business aspects of intelligence and communications systems acquisition, development, and operations.
We have an immediate opening for a Mission Systems Architect in support of our customer in Chantilly, VA. This is a full-time employee position with Arena Technologies and requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance and the candidate must be willing to take a CI polygraph.
The successful candidate will work as a member of the COLOSSUS Architecting team and support activities required to perform mission gap analysis and assessment of alternatives in relation to the customer’s enterprise architecting initiatives. The incumbent will participate in activities such as:
- conducting assessments of new and revised external stakeholder mission/user needs, guiding policies and directives and other stakeholder guidance to include identification of latent and emerging needs in advance of change ;
- conducting capabilities and gap assessments of architecture needs and current-funded capabilities using the most current architecture information;
- conducting technology gaps assessments (i.e. technology gaps are the difference between capability gap and available or forecasted technology solutions);
- contributing to working sessions with government or stakeholders to determine whether the needs and gaps assessments are complete and accurate and whether planned activities meet architectural intent;
- reviewing program acquisition documents within the customer’s organization to assess implementation of architectural intent;
- documenting user capability needs, available and planned capabilities, and capability gaps and technology gaps;
- assessing potential options for eliminating or mitigating identified capability gaps;
- assessing options identified by the customer for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps to include coordination with stakeholders;
- assessing results to build and provide a business case analysis that includes independent performance, cost, schedule, and risks assessments in context with the architecture, plans, and other opportunities to include coordination with stakeholders.
Also, as a functional team member, the candidate may be requested to surge in order to support tasks and projects across the broader COLOSSUS scope according to their specific, personal expertise and capabilities.
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with CI Poly or willing to take a CI Poly
- NRO or IC experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- BS with 5+ years of demonstrated performance related to the tasks above
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility
- Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing mission system architectures
- Experience consulting and developing business cases for customer’s user in determining way forward in addressing capability planning and investment
- Certifications related to functional responsibilities such as but not limited to Certified Enterprise Architect (CEA) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Information Technology (IT) Architecture domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Federal Agency, with previous exposure to DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF), and/or Joint Architecture Reference Model (JARM) artifacts
- Knowledge and understanding of Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings, architectures, and service adoption
Working for Arena Technologies is about much more than a job -- it is the pursuit of passion. Arena seeks only those individuals that share our common passion for excellence in service to our nation, our company, and each other. Join a team driven to excellence, with utmost commitment to taking on some of the most exciting and challenging opportunities to learn, grow, and serve. Arena offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, along with a positive work environment enabling the success of our staff and the company. To learn more, please visit http://www.arenatechnologies.com.
Arena Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.