Arena Technologies LLC is a veteran-owned, small business providing focused business and technology consulting support to the agencies and industry partners of the defense and intelligence communities. Arena and its partners have extensive experience in the technical and business aspects of intelligence and communications systems acquisition, development, and operations.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Engineer to work at a customer site in Chantilly, VA. This is a full-time employment position with Arena Technologies and requires US citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph.
As a Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) for the Customer Group supporting an IC agency's communications directorate , this engineering position provides customer support to the on-boarding and migration of legacy mission and business systems onto a common service provider infrastructure for the government. The current legacy infrastructure is comprised of numerous network environments, with non-standard interfaces, which do not support current and future dissemination needs and required timeliness.
Key activities include:
- Providing senior level support on legacy systems and applications, as well as assisting in the formation of the final end-to-end architecture
- Providing migration paths for legacy systems and recommending proposed primary and alternate strategies and their associated costs
- Identifying, analyzing, documenting, and recommending solutions for future infrastructure requirements for major system acquisitions
- Interacting as liaison to mission partners and customers to understand and ensure their infrastructure needs are being met and support their mission requirements
Customer Service Engineering:
- Interface with customer teams to determine IT infrastructure and service requirements
- Perform analysis of sizing of hardware, software, databases, and associated services
- Conduct requirements development and analysis to include evaluation of data and databases, global access to decision support information, distributed system interfaces, and system interoperability
- Conduct pre-acquisition activities such as requirements analysis and service mappings
- Perform translation of stakeholder or customer needs into requirements
- Analyze and evaluate distributed information systems and associated system engineering processes; identify and provide innovative solutions to ambiguous problems; propose and generate creative ideas; frame the essence of the sponsor’s /customer’s problems
- Propose enterprise solutions while addressing competing local interests
- Synthesize information into solutions that make appropriate trade-offs by aligning the interests of the larger stakeholder community; recommend to the sponsor/customer scalable and adaptable solutions for complex systems
- Bachelor's degree with ten years of relevant experience is required OR a High School Diploma with twelve years of relevant experience is required, five years of which must include as a primary function, system engineering technical assistance (SETA) experience
- Must have US citizenship and an active TS/SCI security clearance with CI polygraph
- Strong written communication skills required to develop presentations and technical documents
- Strong oral communication skills required to brief internal and external stakeholders on project status and/or technical capabilities
- Strong organizational skills for effective management and prioritization based upon customer requirements
- Ability to assess and characterize stakeholder's mutual goals, strategies, and technical considerations to determine appropriate architecture solution, and then take and track solution through completion
- Self-motivated individual that can work independently or with a diverse team of architects, engineers, operators, project managers, leadership, and customers
- Demonstrated ability to develop procedures, standards, and other deliverables efficiently
- Effectively multi-task in support of customer objectives
- Use case development in support of program, IC partners, SETA, and development contractors, maintaining working relationships with the various program offices and associated sites
Arena offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, along with a positive work environment enabling the success of our staff and the company. To learn more, please visit http://www.arenatechnologies.com.
Arena Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.